Thursday, July 19, 2012

Politics

Getting very frustrated with facebook and all the political postings.

Although I claim to be a Republican--my Republican friends are driving me crazy.

I hate guns except for hunting and target practice.  I hate automatic weapons!!

I wish there were never a need for abortion, for any one.  But, I think all medical decisions should be private--between the patient and the doctor.  And I would bet there are few out there who would not turn to abortion if their child, mother, sister, friend, were brutally raped. 

I hate religion fanatics--I am a Christian.  I believe in Christ.  However, I do not want religion shoved down my throat.  If Christians can display their religion in government, then why not Muslims, Jews, Voo Doo people, etc.  Where do you draw the line?  I prefer that religion and government are kept separate!  I remember during Bush's presidency, Republicans asking an elderly couple to leave their church of 50 years because they were not Republicans.  Way too harsh!!

Entitlements---It seems to me that white middle class Americans thinks all the entitlements are going to black welfare moms who won't work and like having lots of kids.  I have taught inner city most of my life--I didn't meet anyone who preferred welfare to working.

If people did their research, they would find that Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security are the entitlements that are bankrupting our country.  Baby boomers are living well beyond the money they paid into Social Security.  Also, I have met many people who take the two years to remove every asset from a parent into their names just so taxpayers can foot the nursing home expenses and medical bills.

I can't tell you how many people I have met or know personally who cheat on their taxes.  We need an attitude of paying our fair share!!

However, I have a dilemma.  I don't like either candidate.  Romney will not own up to the "Obamacare" he created for Massachusetts.  I can't figure out why he has bank accounts in the Cayman Islands if it is not to avoid taxes.

I don't like Obama.  He just doesn't have the experience to move this country out of this horrible recession. 

where is the none of the above option?


No comments:

Post a Comment