Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

Plump juicy strawberries and wild blackberries with the juice dripping from my chin.

Watching the sun pop out of the gulf setting the ocean on fire with spectacular color every morning from my bedroom balcony.

Sitting with friends and acquaintances at MOD playing scrabble , drinking coffee, doing crosswords, telling dumb jokes, sharing personal stpries, sharing hugs, solving the world's problems through heated debates.

Gathering sea shells on the beach.

Tears for those who are hurting, dying, and celebrating, knowing I can feel pain and compassion secure that I am not a cynic.

Frozen coffee topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate.

Chocolate anything--fresh from the oven brownies, rocky road ice cream, pecan turtles, creamy with melting marshmallows, covering juicy strawberries in stemware soaked in bubbly champagne.

Mindy sleeping on my bed, snuggling up to my back.

Joy calling needing something trusting me to know the answers confident I will help with a business plan, creating her dream wedding, doing her taxes, encouraging and supporting her dreams.

Baby Cash, the son my son thought he would never have, gnawing on a dill pickle grinning, laughing, cooing.

Getting caught in a cooling summer rain shower.

Marveling at young people chasing their big dreams with all their hearts and souls, with courage and invincibility that only youth possess.

Discovering the inner voices of artists, discovering new media and techniques and making it their own.

A flower garden and aquariums where you can get close and personal with God's rainbow of colors, textures, aromas, movement.

Tv shows, marveling at the creativity of geniuses in the writing, photography, editing, knowledge of subject matter, costuming.

Two strong sons who are strong, independent, talented, loving fathers who were there for the wedding of their little sister helping to make her dreams come true.

Lobster and king crab and tender juicy steaks.

Beautiful cathedrals with sparkling stained glass depicting profound people and stories from the bible.

3 comments:

  1. I think your blog is one of my favorite things especailly when you mention my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, This is beautiful. May you enjoy many blessed days. Judy

    ReplyDelete