Friday, July 30, 2010

And Mozart Was Taught

http://ara13.com/

I read this book last week. It is the third book by Ara 13 (his legal name, I think).

I loved it. It deals with bullies and the frustration of teachers in trying to reach every student. It deals with our choices-some we make and some made for us by fate or life. The vocabulary is tough sometimes but I found it challenging--fun to see how many words I would have to drag a dictionary out of the bookcase and actually open. I loved the way the author seemed to recognize that there are intelligent talented creative people who do not respond to classroom teaching no matter how talented and creative the teacher.

Find it on amazon.com or better yet, pick up a copy at Mod Coffee Shop on Post Office Street in Galveston. On most days, with a little patience, you can meet the author and ask questions. I probably drive him nuts but I love visiting with a real author!!

Post Office Street Photo

1 comment:

  1. Great book and old ladies like to gaze at the very handsome author, sigh.............

    ReplyDelete