Saturday, July 28, 2012

Opening Ceremony of Olympics

Pageantry and boredom.
I watched to see William, Kate and Harry.
Didn't see much of them.
The Queen comes off as an arrogant pompous ass.

The opening ceremony incorporated too much video.  Boring!

The homage to children's literature was nice!  But hard to follow on my small tv set!  Not sure if my son's giant one would have been much better.

The pastoral scenes were too small, hard to see what was going on.  Without Matt Lauer would not have know what was going on.

The change over to the industrial age was kind of cool.  But I couldn't tell if skyscrapers appeared with the smokestacks.  Once I thought so.  Not sure.

I loved the ending where the leaves rose and became the torch.  Didn't understand unknown kids--future Olympians at 19?--carrying the torch.

I think I would give it a 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment