Thursday, June 19, 2014

Let's Go Rving Part 3

I spent the weekend searching for rv parks on line.

On April 27, 2014, I drove onto bolivar peninsular looking for an rv park for long term rental.
There are many, however, the rv parks apparently make most of their money from weekend rentals during the summer months.  Finding a space was not easy.

I first visited Lazy D and D.  My daughter in law had told me how most rv parks have amenities.  And Lazy D and D was no exception.  It has a pool, a playground, satellite tv,  a shower house, and a washateria.  However, it was on the highway.  There was no view of the gulf although there was a tiny pond or tank as they are called in Texas.  No one was in the office but I made a call to the owner and there may be an opening.  Although I liked the amenities, I did not like the idea of traffic noises.

I next visited every highway rv park.  There were no amenities.  They would be noisy.  And, there were no openings for long term rentals.

I was beginning to get depressed and a bit afraid.

I returned to Lazy D and D.  The owners were in the office.  But, they too had no openings after all.  She did mention the Crystal Canal RV park.

I checked it out.  No amenities except for wifi.  However it is on a canal and I can see the intercoastal waterway with barges and tugs traveling up and down all day long.  I can see beautiful sunsets.  I can fish from my parking space.  It really is beautiful.  Across the canal are some beautiful homes on stilts.  There are lots of boats hanging in private boat docks--pontoons, fishing boats, ski boats. 

And this is where I now live for $500 a month which includes all utilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment