Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tilapia in a Pocket

This recipe is only 388 calories per serving or 6 food points. It also focuses on the Mayo Clinic's super foods.

Hint: sometimes I buy onions already diced and sometimes I dice several onions at once and put in zip lock bag in fridge or freezer. I do the same with fresh garlic. Then I add to every entre.

1 tablespoon chopped onion and 1/2 teaspoon garlic combined in skillet with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add tilapia filet, sprinkle with your favorite seasoning (fajita seasoning is my current favorite) and sauté. This takes just a few minutes for filet to become flakey. Remove fish to warm plate. Add 1/2 to 1 cup chopped broccoli to pan with onions and garlic. Stir fry just long enough for broccoli to get warm. Place on plate. Spray both sides Of whole wheat pita pocket with buttery Pam. Place pita pocket in skillet to warm. To serve, fill pita with fish, onions, broccoli (my new lettuce), and sliced fresh tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment