Friday, August 13, 2010

Eat Pray Love

First, I am a big fan of Julia Roberts. But I am not a fan of this movie which means she will probably win another Oscar.

This is my take on the movie.

First, she is married to a handsome, nice man. He rolls over in bed and says he doesn't want to go to Aruba. She states she doesn't want to be married. Like her husband said-- vows should be taken seriously.

Next, this cougar shacks up with a twenty something hunk. Surprise, she still isn't happy.

Then she wants to marvel at something. Hey I marvel at the sky and the ocean and my kids and my grandkids and art. I don't have to go to leave my life to find something to marvel at.

She goes to Italy for food and language. We have great food and cultures right here--I just wasn't relating to this movie.

To learn to pray she went to India. On her way to the place where she will learn to meditate, she seemed unphased by the children in abject poverty. At this point I decided she was a self indulgent b....... and needed a reality check.

So,I left. I did not want this selfish spoiled self-indulgent broad to find love--I just didn't think she deserved it.

I heard the book was great but after watching two-thirds of the movie--don't think I'll read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment