Monday, August 16, 2010

Life of the Unemployed Part One

Good morning world and fellow unemployed.

I got up around 7 to Mindy's uncontrolled barking at the neighbors off to productive jobs and careers. Mindy is better than any alarm clock.

While catching up on local and world news, a fellow unemployee called and invited me for a coffee at Starbucks. I take a 3 minute shower, pull the hair up into a ponytail and run out the door. Mindy almost tripped me as she rushed out just ahead of my foot fall. This meant running back in to grab her leash and hoping she would follow to the car. Fortunately, she did and all was well with the world.

We arrived at Starbucks and no Fred. I called him and he stated he was delayed. That gave me time to put on make up. Don't usually wear makeup cuz I consider it a waste of time and money and makeup does not impress Fred but I put it on anyway. I know it doesn't really improve my looks--remember I am an old fat lady--but what the heck.

Mindy jumped from the truck first--it is a Tahoe and never ceases to amaze me that this pup could set a world's record in the high jump.. I clumsily fell out of the truck trying to keep her in check. After tying her to an outdoor umbrella, I headed inside for a coffee with ice. I refuse to pay extra for an iced coffee.

Fred finally arrived having already gotten his coffee before I even noticed him which should be an impossibility because he is at least 6'4" in height. My watch dog, always in protective mode, didn't notice Fred either.

Now begins the conversation. We discussed everything--his visit to Oklahoma for his dad's birthday, sleeping on the sofa bed, Ann Rand-the Russian born novelist, friends, the state of our society, the real estate market, my family, the state of the economy, race and culture, farming, Martha's Vineyard--got the idea?!

We talked until after 2:00--more than 5 hours. I think we would still be talking but we were both getting hungry..

I headed to the house after hitting Taco Cabana's drive through for chicken tacos and a diet coke.

I am going to start job hunting....soon....today????

No comments:

Post a Comment